Wednesday, July 27, 2016
July 26, 2016
The measure of any football coach can start with a comparison against his peers, specifically against his own division. So, here’s a quick look at ASU football Coach Todd Graham and how he has fared against his coaching rivals over three and four year periods in the extremely tough Pac-12 Conference South Division.
Here’s a look at ASU’s record versus the Pac-12 South teams over the past three seasons:
2013-2015 (Last Three Years)
ASU vs. Arizona (2-1)
ASU vs. USC (2-1)
ASU vs UCLA (2-1)
ASU vs. Utah (2-1)
ASU vs. Colorado (3-0)
Now for a look at the record versus the Pac-12 South for the last four years (during Coach Graham’s tenure).
2012-2015 (Coach Graham’s Tenure)
ASU vs. Arizona (3-1)
ASU vs. USC (2-2)
ASU vs. UCLA (2-2)
ASU vs. Utah (3-1)
ASU vs. Colorado (4-0)
Some takeaways from this…
* Coach Graham is the ONLY coach in the Pac-12 South with a winning record against every opponent in the South within the past three years.
* If you combine the won-loss records versus the Pac-12 South for the past three years, ASU enjoys an 11-4 (.733) mark.
* Additionally, ASU has won two of the last three against USC, UCLA, Arizona and Utah.
* ASU is undefeated against Colorado.
* If you combine the won-loss records versus the Pac-12 South for the past four years, ASU enjoys a 14-6 (.700) mark.
* ASU does not own a losing record against any Pac-12 South team in that span. Only ASU and UCLA can make that claim.
By BILL REITER March 6, 2010 CLEVELAND | The Mercedes S550 pulls up to the hotel silver and sleek and shining with the gleam of money ...
From Peter King's "Ten Things I Think I Think" February 15, 2010 6. I think these are the five unrestricted free age...
By Steve Berkowitz January 19, 2011 College football still loses marquee coaches such as Jim Harbaugh to the NFL. But it increasingly ...
The Patriots signed defensive tackle Markus Kuhn to a one-year contract in April. The Associated Press By Rich Garven August 23, 2016...
MONDAY MARCH 7, 2011 BY MARK FARINELLA SUN CHRONICLE STAFF Ponderous thoughts I was pondering on the highway to hoop heaven: - As th...
From Nate Davis' "Joe Flacco an overachieving headliner on '09 All-Joe Team" January 27, 2010 THE 2009 ALL-JOE TEAM ...
March 4, 2014 By Turron Davenport There is a player that sends scouts back to the film room every year after they see him stand out ...
The Fifth Down - The New York Times N.F.L. Blog October 23, 2010 By ANDREW DAS Chiefs linebacker Mike Vrabel may take a fascinating ...
Aaron Kampman led the Packers in sacks in 2008, including this one of Minnesota’s Tarvaris Jackson. By Martin Hendricks Sept. 23, 20...
Jamie Meder's safety against Green Bay marked the first time he had ever scored in a football game. (John Kuntz, cleveland.com) By ...