Friday, March 26, 2010
Spring 2010 Sports Law Symposium – Friday, March 26, 2010
The theme for the symposium is “Operating in the Shadow of Upcoming Collective Bargaining Negotiations.” We hope that each of our panels and keynote address will shed light on the key issues facing each league as it approaches the expiration of its collective bargaining agreement. In addition to discussing the key issues that will need to be resolved to avoid a labor stoppage in each league, we will look to explore how the labor uncertainty is affecting current operations within each league, and how any sort of a labor stoppage might affect the short-term and long-term interests of each league. In exploring each of these issues, we hope to draw from our panelists’ varied backgrounds to fully understand what is at stake for the leagues, teams, unions, players, and other entities close to the game.
Sports Legacy Institute Kickoff Luncheon
• Chris Nowinski, President and CEO, Sports Legacy Institute
• George Atallah, Assistant Executive Director of External Affairs, NFLPA
• Ted Johnson, Former NFL Player
• Isaiah Kacyvenski, Former NFL Player
• Christian Fauria, Former NFL Player
• Pete Kendall, Former NFL Player
• Moderator: Professor Peter Carfagna, Harvard Law School
• Robert Manfred, Executive Vice President for Labor Relations, MLB
• Derek Jackson, Vice President and General Counsel, Florida Marlins
• David Prouty, Chief Labor Counsel, MLBPA
• Timothy Slavin, Assistant General Counsel, MLBPA
• Joseph Rosen, Partner, Brown & Rosen
• Daniel Halem, Senior Vice President, General Counsel for Labor, MLB
• Moderator: Jimmy Golen, Associated Press
• Adolpho Birch, Vice President of Law and Labor Policy, NFL
• David G. Feher, Partner, Dewey & LeBoeuf
• Neil Cornrich, President, NC Sports
• Sarah Stuart, Senior Counsel, Reebok
• Moderator: Professor Michael McCann, Vermont Law School
• Jeffrey Mishkin, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
• Hal Biagas, Executive Vice President of Management, Wasserman Media Group
• Michael Zarren, Assistant General Manager and Team Counsel, Boston Celtics
• Robert Tilliss, CEO, Inner Circle Sports
• Moderator: Professor Peter Carfagna, Professor, Harvard Law School
By BILL REITER March 6, 2010 CLEVELAND | The Mercedes S550 pulls up to the hotel silver and sleek and shining with the gleam of money ...
From Peter King's "Ten Things I Think I Think" February 15, 2010 6. I think these are the five unrestricted free age...
By Steve Berkowitz January 19, 2011 College football still loses marquee coaches such as Jim Harbaugh to the NFL. But it increasingly ...
The Patriots signed defensive tackle Markus Kuhn to a one-year contract in April. The Associated Press By Rich Garven August 23, 2016...
MONDAY MARCH 7, 2011 BY MARK FARINELLA SUN CHRONICLE STAFF Ponderous thoughts I was pondering on the highway to hoop heaven: - As th...
From Nate Davis' "Joe Flacco an overachieving headliner on '09 All-Joe Team" January 27, 2010 THE 2009 ALL-JOE TEAM ...
March 4, 2014 By Turron Davenport There is a player that sends scouts back to the film room every year after they see him stand out ...
The Fifth Down - The New York Times N.F.L. Blog October 23, 2010 By ANDREW DAS Chiefs linebacker Mike Vrabel may take a fascinating ...
Aaron Kampman led the Packers in sacks in 2008, including this one of Minnesota’s Tarvaris Jackson. By Martin Hendricks Sept. 23, 20...
Jamie Meder's safety against Green Bay marked the first time he had ever scored in a football game. (John Kuntz, cleveland.com) By ...